Together WE can change the world!
Call It Spring + ME to WE
Call It Spring has partnered with ME to WE for an exciting initiative with a mission to empower people to be a force of change!
They have created a socially conscious capsule accessories collection, carefully handcrafted by Maasai Mamas in Kenya using traditional skills passed down through generations. Each artisan accessory crafted is associated to a pillar of impact needed within the Kenyan ME to WE supported community: education, clean water and opportunity. 100% of the net proceeds from the sales of this collection will be donated back to the same community who handcrafted the accessories.
I am encouraging all my friends and followers to get involved and help spread the word about this program, specifically the Education pillar.
About The Education Impact Pillar
When children are educated, they are armed with the courage and self-confidence to better themselves and their families, their communities and the next generation. As of today, ME to WE has built more than 1,000 schools and school rooms, giving 200,000 children the opportunity to gain an education. ME to WE also trains teachers, and sets up extracurricular programs and provides students with basic school supplies – all to enable communities to realize their true potential.
Know the facts:
- There are four million more girls than boys who can’t get an education
- A child whose mother can read is 50% more likely to survive past the age of five
- 25 million children will never go to school
- Investing in education can help a country lift its people out of poverty. Over 40 years, equitable access to quality education can help a country raise its gross domestic product per capita by 23%
- If all women had a primary education, there would be 1.7 million fewer malnourished children
LEARN MORE HERE
(Bracelet is Call It Spring X ME to WE! Sunglasses, backpack and velvet boots also by Call It Spring)